Asking such online dating questions, you will avoid serious quarrels on different occasions if you agree on the “rules of conflict”. 11. How do you express your love? The book The Five Love Languages gives useful advice Yes, this is not one of the right questions to ask in online dating and you should be extremely careful asking the questions like this. But if you don’t have serious plans for this girl, then you can immediately go to the main thing. Ask her what sex positions she likes. In any case, the conversation will already be intriguing and such a frank conversation will allow you to continue to talk on any topic without embarrassment.
Meeting people online involve writing messages and maybe chatting with them in a chat room before you meet up in real life. For someone who enjoys writing, that’s great, whilst for others it’s a pain. So what do you write in messages to people to generate a response? What are the right “online dating questions” to ask; the kind people actually respond to?
Let’s have a look, shall we?! Most people whom you send a message to will check out 1) your profile picture 2) your message 3) your profile. To generate a response you, therefore, need a good profile shot, a nice profile and an excellent message.
First messages should be short and sweet, but interesting enough to generate a response. To make them interesting to the other person, be sure to mention something about their profile in the message, as it will show you cared enough to read it.
Most people find people who care the most interesting people. An easy way to show you read their profile and are curious about them is mentioning something that links the two of you. “I see you love traveling, so do I! What’s the most fascinating place you ever visited? Personally, I love Morocco. What a stunning place!” Now they will see you have things in common and that you want to get to know them better.
In other words, some of the best questions to ask, online dating wise, are questions that a) relate to their interests b) relate to interests you have in common. As for the first message, throw in a compliment about their profile if you like (nothing too sexual), show off a bit of humor if you can, but really, keep it simple. See below for an example. Why hello there! I came across your profile and got curious…you seem interesting :) I loved your photo of the elephant in Egypt – it looks like you’ve had a few cool travel experiences!
Any favorite places you care to share? Secret corners of the world? From my travels, I’ve found that I always fall inexplicably in love with the most random places. There’s this little coffee shop in Marrakech that’s half-derelict and serves questionable coffee, but it was so colorful I kept coming back. Right, I’m off to the most boring Starbucks ever (boo), but lunch is almost over and I need coffee. Hit me up some time if you care to have a coffee – I’d love to find out a bit more about who you are ;) Best, Paul Once the conversations start to flow good questions to ask online dating wise include fun and quirky questions.
Like one thing they’ve done that they found really embarrassing at the time, but now can’t stop laughing about. Or if they could have a superpower, what would it be? As you move along, you can ask a few deeper questions too, but mix it up – simple (favorite color?), quirky (what’s one silly thing you did as a teenager that would never tell your parents about?), deep, things relating to their dreams and what they love in life, etc.
Also, remember to keep flirting. “As I find you so attractive I must ask you what a guy can do to win you over on a date? ;)” You can always play a game of questions – one question per message and if you still think you have chemistry after answering 10 questions each you’ll meet up for a coffee…where you get to ask each other some more questions!
The not so good questions to ask online dating wise, are questions that a) are too personal too soon b) refers to sexual matters too soon c) uninteresting questions, such as “what’s up?” or “how was your day?” Whilst the latter have their place, they should be the kind of questions you ask once in a while, not every single day.
Online dating questions to ask men and women are similar, so this applies to both. That’s pretty much it – have fun playing with questions, but remember, especially in real life, to mix it up with stories and observations.
best top online dating questions to ask over email - 8 Online Dating Questions to Ask Men
If you just started online dating, or perhaps you’re a veteran, there are a few important questions to ask your potential date so you can more easily determine if he or she is a suitable match for you.
Below find a list of ’s top five questions you should ask an online date. Things to note: Please DON’T send a list of questions in a personal email. You’ll make your potential suitor think they’re interviewing for a job! Sprinkle them over a few notes back and forth, and try to make them flow organically.
Writing an email that starts with “Hi. What’s your most embarrassing moment?” is probably not going to get the kind of answer you’re actually looking for. Better yet, try to take it offline as quickly as possible so you can move away from being penpals and move into live “data-dating,” in which you’re collecting data about your potential partner while having FUN. We do believe that while the best way to get to know if you share values as well as chemistry is to observe whether a person’s actions match their words in real life; however, as a precursor, use this list to discover if that “future special someone” you just met online is the real thing.
1. What are you looking for in a relationship? Possible answers to this question include “I’m just looking to have fun, and if I meet the right woman then I would be open to a relationship,” “I’m looking for ‘the one,’” or “I’m open to the possibilities of a long-term relationship, but I’m sort of looking for something casual right now.” Most people online are fairly honest in their intention. Based on their answer, you can evaluate if what they’re looking for matches what YOU are looking for.
If it does, great! And if it doesn’t, someone else is right around the corner. Remember, once he meets you, he will most likely not change his relationship goals; thus, beware of the “kick the tires” type of dater who says “If the right one shows up, then I would be in a relationship.” The truth is, this person is more likely to be a casual kind of person rather than a partner who is really ready to commit.
2. What’s your most embarrassing moment? This one will help you determine if your online date has a sense of humor! Opening up with your story is a great way to grease the wheels so that they feel comfortable opening up to you!
Remember, though, to pick a story that reflects a cute or quirky habit you may have. Sharing (a la “Ready for Love”) about a bodily function oops is never sexy. Keep it light, flirty and fun. It’s an opportunity to laugh together, show your confidence, and nothing more. 3.
What does your ideal Saturday morning look like? Having similar schedules or ideas for how to spend a weekend is a good indicator of your compatibility with an online date. If their idea is a six a.m. bike ride followed by a full day of work, and you prefer to lay in bed all day and catch up on ‘Game of Thrones’… let’s just say it might be slightly more difficult for you two to find common interests: not impossible, just less likely!
4. What about my profile made you want to write me? This can help weed out someone who mass copy/pasted a message to 50 other people…and will make him/her actually read your profile! Also they’ll have to tell you if it was your photos, your wit, or some combination of both.
It’s a great question also to see if your suitor is comfortable giving and receiving compliments! Watch out for self-deprecating humor. If she or he has a hard time with that, it could be an indication that the person may not truly be ready to let someone in. Being able to give AND receive are key indicators of real relationship readiness. 5. Where does your family live?
Do you see them often? Family values are pretty important to most people. And if they aren’t? While that’s acceptable, you want to be sure that the other person’s perspective on family matches yours. Do they never see their relatives? Do they talk to their mom on the phone daily? These interactions will DEFINITELY affect your potential future together, so it’s a great thing to know about ahead of time!
DON’T ask how much money they make. Don’t ask things like, “When did your last relationship end and why?” Think of your email as a coffee shop date: would you ask those types of questions on a first date? We hope not. Do you have any favorite first date questions? Learn more about relationship coach and .
The excitement and exhilaration of romance, infatuation and lust can blind us to even the negative aspects of our date. Thus, it is essential to ask specific questions and have serious conversations with your dating partner, to have a more realistic idea of the long-term potential of the relationship.
Such questions will help you evaluate your compatibility with him/her and ascertain his/her basic nature as well. Rememeber, finding someone who is perfect is not important while dating, what’s significant is finding the person who is perfect for you.
And the best way to do this is by asking questions on the date. Given below are few good questions that you can ask while dating and get an insight into your partner's personality. • Are you legally single? • What’s your family life like? • Do you feel that you are an honest person? • What kind of relationship are you looking for?
• What do you like to do for fun, what do you enjoy? • Are you a forgiving person? • What do you feel the purpose of life is? • How and when do you feel comfortable expressing difficult feelings? • How frequently (or infrequently) do you like talking about your relationship?
• What type of a girl/ guy are you looking for? • Are you and your ex still friends? • Do you want kids? How many? • Have you been tested for STDs/ HIV? • What are your retirement plans? • What are the reasons for break up in your last relationship? • What is your favorite movie? • Where did you go on your last vacation? • What are your hobbies? • Do you have any pets? • Which would you try – skydiving, rappelling or scuba diving? • Favorite costume you have ever worn? • What scared you as a kid?
• What turns you off? • Did you run away from home when you were little? • How would you show your love to me? • What would you do if we were alone together? • How would you keep me entertained? • What is your favorite curse word?
• What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? • Have you ever lost anyone you loved? • Ever been in true love?
• Do you need to know everything about someone’s past? • Which colors do you like me wearing for you? • What would you cook for me? • What is your idea of a perfect date? • What’s your favorite thing about the opposite sex? • Have you ever been extremely intimate with someone in a public place?
• What is your most treasured memory? • What is the one thing about yourself you like the best? • What do you value most in a relationship?
• What do you think is the single best decision you’ve ever made in your life so far? • What are your ideal places to travel? • What is the craziest or most daring thing you have ever done? • When was the first time that you had beer? • What would your dream house be like? • What is your favorite word?
• Have you ever cheated in a relationship? • What place would you like to visit that you haven’t been to yet? • What are you most passionate about? • Who do you most admire and why? • What experience has changed your outlook on life?
How to Use Tinder (For Complete Beginners)