If a phone number is removed from an account after registration, a new number can be added, but there will be a three-month waiting period before the removed number can be registered on a new account. This is to prevent using the same number on multiple accounts. Online services that provide phone numbers are not allowed. Solo Queue In a related move to the bot-busting, Ranked Matchmaking will be removed from the South Africa, India, and Dubai servers. While I'm sure some people used these servers, they were largely prime targets for botters. This is far too little, too late in my view Overall, the Matchmaking Update is good news and includes many clear steps in the right direction. The only problem is they are half measures that could have been done years ago.
Dotabuff Plus This feature is only available to Dotabuff Plus members. Support from Plus members keep Dotabuff running and help enable us to deliver new features for everyone. As a reward, some features that are difficult or expensive to operate are available only to Plus members. Additionally, Plus members never see any advertisements!
best ranked matchmaking dota 2 phone number cooldown - Dota 2 Ranking System (All You Need to Know About MMR)
There is a cooldown on a phone number after you remove it from an account. It's described in this patch: Please read it carefully. If I read OP's post correctly, his son removed OPs phone number over three months ago. So the problem OP is facing, is that his phone number haven't been unlocked from the three months cooldown or its been banned - or deemed a virtual number. As he mentions, his son changed it more than three months ago.
So it should be available again. If I read OP's post correctly, his son removed OPs phone number over three months ago. So the problem OP is facing, is that his phone number haven't been unlocked from the three months cooldown or its been banned - or deemed a virtual number.
As he mentions, his son changed it more than three months ago. So it should be available again. Well yes, either it's a bug or the 3 months aren't over yet. We don't know that though, because OP didn't give any timestamps.
@OP Have you contacted Steam support?
Valve has stated that matchmaking tries to fulfil several criteria: • The teams are balanced. (Each team has a 50% chance to win.) • The discrepancy in skill between the most and least skilled player in the match is minimized. • The highest skill Radiant player should be close to the same skill as the highest skill Dire player.
• The discrepancy between experience (measured by the number of games played) between the least experienced player and the most experienced player is minimized. • Each team contains about the same number of parties. • For example, the matchmaker tries to avoid matching a party of 5 against 5 individual players.
• Players' language preferences contains a common language. • Wait times shouldn't be too long. Strict Matchmaking limit solo players to playing against other solo players only. It is found under the Options -> Advanced -> Miscellaneous tab. • Ranked matchmaking allows players to earn a , along with a badge that can be displayed next to the profile. Seasonal rankings are reset at the end of each season. See the for pictures of badges and division details. • Only Ranked All Pick, Captains Mode, and Random Draft are available for ranked matches.
• subscribers have access Ranked Roles matches, allowing them to pick and queue based on their desired lane role. • Ranked Roles matches are only available for the All Pick game mode. • Players can choose to be matched only against other solo queue players. • Separate are maintained for both solo and party queuing. • Unlike casual matches, MMRs for all players in ranked matches are made visible at the endgame screen.
Requirements and restrictions • Players must link a unique phone number to their Steam account in order to queues ranked matches. • Phone numbers can be removed or changed, but there is a three month waiting period before the same phone number can be used again on any account. • Players must be at least .
• with any player below the Profile Level requirement will not be able to queue for ranked matches. • Players must play 10 trial games for the system to calibrate their . • Calibrated MMR cannot be higher than 3500. Players more skilled than that threshold must work upwards from this limit. • Players in cannot queue for ranked matches. • Parties with any player in Low Priority will not be able to queue for ranked matches.
• are not permitted in ranked matches. • Parties with members whose MMRs are 3000 or more apart are unable to queue for ranked matches. • Any form of will incur full penalties for the entire party. • Any player who abandons will automatically receive a loss, regardless of the match's outcome. Practice 1v1 This function matches you against another player in the . This match is over when one player dies twice, loses a tower, resigns or disconnects.
Type gg in chat to resign. Bot Match This function matches you or your team against . • Co-op bot matches are always played in All Pick mode. • No MMR is tracked for bot matches. The Game Modes window determines which modes you would like to queue for. Checking more game modes will increase matchmaking speed. Current game modes for public matchmaking include: • All Pick • Turbo • Captains Mode • Single Draft • Random Draft • Least Played • All Random • Captains Draft • Ability Draft • All Random Deathmatch The Regions window Region determines which regional server you would like to play on.
Checking more regions will increase matchmaking speed, but may cause latency issues if the server location is far away. You can select up to 3 regions. It is recommended that you only choose regions where the language you speak is the dominant language for that region, this is to avoid people reporting you from speaking another language (this does happen).
Current regions include: • US West • US East • Europe West • Europe East • Russia • SE Asia • Australia • South America • Dubai • Chile • Peru • South Africa • India • Japan • China UC • China UC 2 • China TC Shanghai • China TC Zhejiang • China TC Wuhan The Language window The language window allows you to select up to 2 languages. You will be matched with other players who have selected the same languages. Checking more languages will increase matchmaking speed.
If no languages are checked, you will be matched with the current language of your client. Main Article: Priority determines how quickly the player is matched with other players. There are 3 types of priority: high priority, base priority, and low priority. Players in low priority will not gain battle points from the match, will find games more slowly, and will only be put with other players in low priority. Low priority is a common punishment for .
Base priority is granted to any player when they enter a matchmaking queue provided that they are not in low priority. High priority is granted when a player is returned to queue after a recently failed matchmaking attempt due to another player failing to connect to the game or declining the Ready Check.
Bans The displaying a behavior score. Match quality is presumably determined by a combination of the player's behavior score and their account flags value. Players with a high behavior score get matched with other players with a high score and vice versa. The account flags supposedly determine in which matchmaking pool a player should be, independently of their mmr and behavior score.
The current behavior score and account flags can be checked using the through the commands developer 1 dota_game_account_client_debug | grep behavior dota_game_account_client_debug | grep flags The behavior score shows as grades . Possible Grades are Normal (encompassing the scores formerly labeled as A+, A, B+, and B), C+, C, C-, D, and F.
While Normal being the highest and F being the lowest. Valve has not disclosed how these scores are calculated, but , and seem to play a role. Account flags are represented as an integer value. Most players report having an account flag value of 0, 1 or 3. It is known that account flags with values 7 indicates that a 6-month ban is imminent on the account, but there is no known effect on matchmaking.
Shadowpool Shadowpool is a status placed on an account that is typically assigned to players who have abused of exploits in the past. Shadowpool status is not reported anywhere client-side. Players in shadowpool will: • Remain matched with other players in shadowpool or players with a very low behaviour score (independently of their own).
Queue times are generally much longer in shadowpool. • Be ineligible to appear on the leaderboards, and will thus not receive a rank if they have achieved the immortal medal. The shadowpool status can either be permanent or temporary.
However, this information can only potentially be revealed through a request to the Steam support.
Making Enemies Fear You in Dota 2