Questions about past relationships. Of course, the most insightful questions will often be the ones your guests come up with on their own, so encourage them to be creative and ask questions that will help them get to the root of what's most important to them. For more ideas about hosting a speed dating event, check out the resources below. Related Articles. How to Host a Block Party. How to Host a Dinner Party Abraham, Rakhi. The 45 best speed dating questions you can ask a prospective date. (March 18, 2012) http://www.futurescopes.com/speed-dating/139/45-best-speed-dating-questions-you-can-ask-prospective-date. Deyo, Sue and Yaacov Deyo. SpeedDating Tip #3: Inappropriate Date Topics. (March 18, 2012) http://www.aish.com/d/w/48937777.html.
Whether you’re new to speed dating or speed dating enthusiast, there’s one thing everyone knows: you have very little time to meet a potential suitor.
So how can you really get to know someone in such a short amount of time? With the right questions, of course. Check out these 40 speed dating questions to ask a guy and you’ll have no problem figuring out if he’s a hit or miss in a matter of minutes. 1. Why are you single? This is a great question for obvious reasons.
You can find out a lot about a man with this simple question. Was he the victim of a cheating girlfriend, or was he a controlling hothead the woman could no longer stand? 2. Have you ever been married?
With this question you’ll find out a little bit about his past, and find out whether he’s a serious relationship kind of guy or a player. 3. Do you have any kids? If you’re not into the idea of kids, then this will be a deal breaker for you. On the other hand, this could reveal he’s a family man depending on his answer. 4. If no, do you want kids? If he doesn’t have any kids, it’s important to find out whether or not he’s up for the challenge.
This is another make it or break it for most woman, so knowing the answer to this question right away is imperative. 5. What is your job? No woman wants to be with an unemployed man with no potential, so knowing his current employment status is important. Who knows, he could be the manager of your favorite restaurant or a high-end lawyer. 6. Do you go to school? Don’t be too quick to judge if he’s unemployed without first asking this question.
He might be unemployed, but he could be going to college for his degree. 7. How old are you? So, we can obviously see why this might be an important question. If you’re 21 and he’s 45, you might want to wait till the next guy comes to your table before things get too serious.
8. How long have you lived in this city? Is he a native of the land, or has he recently moved (maybe from some exotic state or country? How cool would that be!)? 9. What do you do for fun? This is the perfect question to really see if the two of you are a match.
You love art, he loves art- match! He loves fast cars, and you enjoy slow bike rides- maybe not so much of a match. 10. Do you have any pets? If he’s got 13 dogs and you can’t stand dogs, then the two of you might not work out. However if you’re both avid pet lovers and he’s got a couple, this might be a match made in heaven.
11. Do you like to see new places? Perhaps he’s the adventurous type that loves to travel, or maybe he’s a homebody who would rather stay inside and treat you to a homemade dinner and candlelit massages. 12. What’s something you want to know about me? If you’re tired of asking question and he seems a little shy, ask this question to see what questions might be hiding in the depths of his mind.
13. What’s your favorite movie? You can really find out about his personality here, if he loves comedies he might be a funny guy always cracking jokes while the guy who loves action movies might be a bit more dramatic and serious. 14. If you could have dinner with a famous person, who would it be? Does he want to gawk at Pamela Anderson over dinner, or dive into the intelligent mind of Albert Einstein?
15. What’s one of your talents? Hey, he could secretly dream of being a magician and has the ability to perform some wild tricks, or maybe he can walk on his hands. You’ll never know until you ask!
16. Where’s one place you want to visit? Here you’ll find out just how adventurous he is. Does he wants to relax on the sandy shores of Jamaica, or speed down the highest mountains of Denver?
17. Do you like the city or the country? With this question you’ll find out if he’s laid back or loves to be busy and energetic. 18. How would your friends describe you? Your friends know you best, so this is obviously a great question to find out what kinda guy he is. 19. What’s your favorite color? Really just a fun question to get to know the guy. 20. What is your dream career? Everyone has one- see how wild, or subtle, his dream career is. 21. Is there anything in particular you’re passionate about?
You might find out that this man has a soft spot for animals and wants to save the dolphins, or maybe he’s an avid pianist and enjoys classical music profoundly. 22. What’s your favorite thing about yourself? This question will let you know just how confident he is. 23. What’s something you’d change about yourself?
Again, we all have something we wish we could change. Is his answer something simple, like the size of his nose, or does his answer go deeper to a more personal level? 24. What’s your favorite food? This question just might lead the two of you to making plans for a dinner date! 25. What’s your favorite music? Just like the movies question, knowing his favorite music can tell you whether he’s laid back or prefers a more energetic style.
26. What’s something you look for in a woman? This is important- you need to know whether he’s shallow and only dates women for their looks, or if he has something important in mind when seeking a gal- perhaps an engaging personality or a college degree. 27. Do you enjoy reading? A man who loves to pick up a good book and just relax is a major turn on for some women, and you can surely tell a lot about a man’s personality with this simple question.
28. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? This is always a fun question, and the answer may really shock you- or leave you rolling on the floor with laughter. This really is an icebreaking question as it lets you know a little more about him without asking anything too serious. 29. What would you do if you won the lottery? This is another great question that always comes with a string of interesting answers. Hopefully the man sitting across from you comes up with a more thrilling answer than a car and a house.
Tell him to think outside of the box. Hey, he might surprise you and tell you he would buy his momma a house. How sweet is that? 30. If you were given three wishes, what would you wish for? Who knows what wild wishes he would come up with. This question is incredibly fun and will definitely have a great answer. 31. What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard? Speed dating doesn’t have to be all serious questions.
Ask him this silly question and give yourself a laugh to lighten up the mood. 32. What’s the best joke you’ve ever heard? Another great question to lighten up the awkward tension and get the two of you laughing together. Who knows what wonderful jokes he has! (Just be careful not to let the drink come out of your nose!) 33. Do you like to do DIY projects? A man who can do DIY projects (and actually enjoys them) is an automatic winner for any woman.
Plus there’s nothing like watching a man put something together with his own hands- such a turn on! 34. What kind of car do you drive? Ok, so be careful not to ask this question too soon. You don’t want to come off as a woman digging for gold, trying to find out whether or not this guy is rich and worth your time. Just ask it casually something during the conversation.
You might find out he’s got a really cool classic car he’d love to show you off in! 35. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you? If you feel any awkward tension building up, feel free to pull out this question. It will undoubtedly distress the conversation as the two of your laugh and giggle about embarrassing situations you’ve been through. 36. What’s your worst habit? It’s good to know these things before any serious feelings start forming.
If his worst habit is just something you can’t stand and refuse to accept (snoring, smoking, alcohol, etc), then it’s probably best to quit while you’re ahead. Next! 37.
What’s your idea of a perfect first date? If he says hot dogs at AM/PM and a movie at his place, run for the hills.
While this might work for couples who’ve been together for several years, you want to hear something more romantic, something that shows he actually cares about pampering you instead of getting you in his sheets as soon as possible.
Think glamorous dinner on the beach by candlelit followed by salsa dancing at the sexiest downtown spot. Now that’s a perfect date! 38. Do you speak any other languages? Bilingual? Hot. Trilingual? Hotter. I think we can all agree that a man who can speak more than one language is just sexy, so this is definitely something you will want to know right off the bat. 39. Are you pessimistic or optimistic? If he’s pessimistic, you might just want to leave.
Immediately. After all, who wants to be with someone who is always hum and drum? Not I! 40. What is your idea of the perfect relationship?
This question can really seal the deal. Find out whether this man wants something serious and believes in a romantically charged equal partnership that leads towards marriage, or if he thinks the woman should do all the work as he sits back and cheats. No thank you!
best top speed dating questions to ask a prospective date meaning - 50 Speed Dating Questions that Prove Surprisingly Effective!
Speed dating proves to be a great option for people who are always on the go. With mounting work pressures, one is left with hardly any time to socialize, which is perhaps why speed dating is the latest craze today. Speed dating is all about meeting different people at one place for a few minutes or so. You have to make the right impression and decide whether things would click between the two of you.
How long have you been speed dating? What according to you is your most prized possession? Which is the best book you have read so far? Can you define love in your own way? Have you been in a relationship before, and if so, why did you break up? Who is your favorite celebrity or Hollywood actress and why? A few things to keep in mind are, not to talk about religion, past relationships, earnings, and similar sensitive issues that a person might be very uncomfortable with.
The last thing you need is to start off on a bad note and get into an awkward situation. Speed dating may be intriguing, especially for those girls who are shy and take time to open up to people. With just a few minutes to get to know the other person, these questions should help you decide if he could be the one.
If the date is not heading in the right direction, you can use the funny questions for a good laugh.
Speed dating is the alternative on the dating scene that is better than online dating. It is the instant dating solution for today’s eager youngsters. Unlike normal dating, it works by only giving you five to 10 minutes to meet and create chemistry. If you want to try it out, here are 22 questions you can ask. Profession. What do you do for work? Acts as an introductory question. It may reveal the professional status of a person but little about his personality. So move on to another question.
Heritage. Where are you from? – This reveals background. It throws better light on the person. Personality. What is the one thing about yourself that you would like me to know? Love Life. When was your last relationship and how long did it last? Relationship goals. What are you looking for in a relationship? You can both instantly compare whether you match in this area.
Value. What do you think is the most important value in a relationship? Marriage goals. Do you want to marry or have you ever been married? What do you look for in a husband/wife? This will reveal if both are moving in the same direction – towards or away from marriage. Family. Do you want/do you have any children? An important question if you are looking for a long-term relationship and your partner is not.
Pastimes. What do you do for fun? – This will throw light on whether your leisure activities match. Are you a bookworm and she an outdoorsy person? Achievements. What are you most proud about? This reveals the basic values of the person – whether he/she values money or adventure/ intellectual pursuits.
Religion. Is religion important to you? 24×7 living together means understanding on certain basic issues like religious beliefs. Political views. Do you follow politics? Are you a Democrat or a Republican? You can spar on your political affiliations. Perception of love. Do you believe in love at first sight?
You can decide whether he/she is a romantic person or not. Sentiments. What is your most treasured possession and why? What a person is sentimental about reveals a great deal about his personality. Is it his bike or a locket presented by a sister?
Last book read. Which is the last book you read? This is a good conversation starter. Likes and dislikes. Which is the one job in the world that you would love to do? Which is your favorite music and your favorite singer/band? Do you share musical tastes? Who is you favorite actor/actress/celebrity and why? Which is your favorite genre of movies – comedy/thriller/action? Pets. Do you like animals/keep pets? Future plans. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
It’s a plus if he or she has his or her life and career planned out positively. Regrets. If you could do it all over again, what single mistake would you correct in life? What are your deepest regrets as a person? Preferences. Are you a morning person or a night person? Adventure and taste. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Sports. What is your favorite sporting activity? Copyright 2018 TheCable. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from TheCable. Follow us on twitter
20 vs 1: Speed Dating 20 Guys