Non-Christians have a different perspective on dating. You see the magazines, TV shows, and movies that tell you how you’re young, and you should date a lot of people before you get married. You see certain “role models” jumping from one dating relationship to another. Yet God has more in store for you than just jumping from one relationship to another Some Christians have even gotten married to non-believers, hoping that they can convert their spouse, but often the relationships end up in disaster. On the other hand, some Christian teens believe that interracial dating is inappropriate due to the scriptures that tell Christians to avoid being yoked to non-Christians. However, there is actually nothing in the Bible that prohibits dating people of other races.
Resource List * Eastham Chad, Farrel Bill and Farrel Pam, Guys are Waffles Girls are Spaghetti, 2009, Thomas Nelson, pages 113-136. I used this book to not only see the perspective of dating from a Christian teenagers’ point of view but also to learn about and contrast the different perspective Christian boys and girls have. It was easy to read and understand which made this book quite useful.
It also explores the perspectives of dating from a non-Christian view which enabled me to contrast and to evaluate the impact Christianity as a religion had on the perspective of dating.
This book was also where I got the clearest meaning of the term ‘dating.’ It is my 1st foot note. Without knowing much about ‘dating’, I would not have been able to get very far with my research. In fact, it was this book that first inspired me to choose my topic question.
* Howitt Bernie and Julian Robin, Heinemann Society and Culture Second Edition, 2009, Pearson Education Australia, Pages 39-67 and 117-153. This Society and Culture textbook helped me familiarise myself with concepts and also gave great tips in doing a PIP.
I found it extremely useful as it was really good revision, and although it stated what I mostly already learnt, it was great to see examples of excerpts from previous PIP’s to give me confidence in doing mine. It also provided great tips on interviews and conducting surveys, the do’s and don’ts. As I was completing my PIP, I constantly referred back to it to ensure I was integrating as much Society and Culture concepts as I could and to read more of the Society and Culture style and language to incorporate appropriate language into my PIP.
I found it extremely beneficial in not only providing useful content but great examples of writing techniques and using references. * Demoss Nancy Leigh and GreshDannah, Lies young women believe, 2008, Moody Publishers, Pages 82-98. I used this book to specifically look at the perspective of dating for a Christian...
best dating a non believers perspective - 3 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Dating A Non
Bible verses about dating non believers If you were thinking about dating a non-Christian don’t. You probably think nothing will happen, it doesn’t matter, you know better than God, but you’re wrong. Dating an unbeliever can hinder your relationship with Christ. Being around an ungodly person can make you start to sin more, act in a different way, talk in a different way, be led astray, and always remember if your life is all about Christ you won’t be able to express and share things about Christ which all believers love to do because there is no connection.
like Samson and Solomon. There is no point of if you don’t plan on marrying them and I’ve heard many bad stories about believers who married an unbeliever. Don’t think you will change that person later on in life because that rarely happens and only makes things worse. Don’t think that God doesn’t care because he does.
He loves you and does not want you to be one flesh with a person that won’t accept his son. Wait for a Christian. An ungodly husband or an ungodly wife cannot do God’s will in marriage.
I want to also remind you this, don’t date someone just because they go to church because many people who say they’re Christians are not truly Christians. Don’t disobey God and wait patiently for the Lord. Quotes • “You can’t save them by dating them. Let God change their heart before you try to start a relationship with them.” • “Choose to be with someone who brings out your truest identity with Christ.” • “Marry someone who makes you fall in love with God every single day.” • “A woman relentlessly chasing after Christ is incredibly attractive to the man relentlessly pursuing Christ.” What does the Bible say?
1. 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 . For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 2. Deuteronomy 7:3 Do not with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons. 3. Malachi 2:15 Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit.
And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth. 4. 1 Corinthians 7:39 A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord.
5. 1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people. 6. Ezra 10:11 Now honor the LORD, the God of your ancestors, and do his will. Separate yourselves from the peoples around you and from your foreign wives. 7. Proverbs 22:25 or you will learn to be like them and endanger your soul.
8. Deuteronomy 22:10 Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together. 9. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! Bad company 10. 1 Corinthians 15:33 .” 11. Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. Honor God with your body 12. Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
13. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. One flesh 14. Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 15. 1 Corinthians 6:16-17 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body?
For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Beauty is fleeting 16.
Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. 17. 2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart.
Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. Reminders 18. Ephesians 5:17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 19. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
20. James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 21. Proverbs 12:15 The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice. Bible example 22. 1 Kings 11:4 , and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been.
Dating Non-Believers Can a Christian get a TATTOO? Can a Christian LOSE THEIR SALVATION? Relationships with Unbelievers - Voddie Baucham From New Age To Jesus - My Testimony When You Pray And Things Get Worse Rather Than Better by TD JAKES - Powerful Truth (MUST WATCH) Atheist Scientist Challenges Christian Apologist Ravi Zacharias Reading The Worst Things People Have Ever Done BEFORE YOU GO TO SCHOOL, WATCH THIS || WHAT IS SCHOOL FOR?
Faith is a Focus | Jon Jorgenson Tragedy into Triumph - Inky Johnson Inspirational & Motivational Video Can 2 Strangers Fall in Love with 36 Questions?
Dani + Andrew what attracts men the most about women (Laugh your way to a better marriage) • Dating non believers • • KEYWORDS • dating non-christians • dating non-believers • can a christian date a non-christian • can a christian date a non-believer • christian dating • unequally yoked • christian dating advice https://youtu.be/5fuomjNOonk • • WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON ALCOHOL?
• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z32kE... • • WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON SECULAR MUSIC? • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTz1k... • • SEND "THIS IS" VLOG INTROS TO ME • firstname.lastname@example.org • • ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- • FAQs • • WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON TATTOOS?
• http://www.facebook.com/jonjorgensonf... • • FOLLOW JON ON TWITTER, IG, & SNAPCHAT • @jonjorgenson • • LIKE JON ON FACEBOOK • http://www.jonjorgensonblog.com/store... • • SEND ME STUFF • Jon Jorgenson • PO Box 147565 • Chicago, IL 60614 • • READ JON'S BOOKS • http://www.jonjorgensonblog.com • • PLEASE BE ADVISED • All rights to these videos are owned by Jon Jorgenson.
If any third party wishes to use this content, please contact Jon at email@example.com. • • INVITE JON TO SPEAK AT YOUR CHURCH/SCHOOL/EVENT • http://amzn.to/2jygIZO • USB audio interface: http://amzn.to/2kjcaE1 • Microphone: http://amzn.to/2jy9zZP • Ring light: http://amzn.to/2jy9zZP • Vlog camera: http://amzn.to/2ktQ3wC • Zoom lens: http://amzn.to/2jX9ZoM • Wide lens: http://amzn.to/2kj8ulP • • FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER & INSTAGRAM • @jonjorgenson • • MY GEAR • Main camera: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh9...
Can a Christian date a non-Christian? Will I be unequally yoked? Is dating okay? How can Christians date in a more healthy way? In today's video, we talk about a biblical view of dating, and the decision process for any dating relationship. • • Jon Jorgenson is an author, speaker, and spoken word poet whose YouTube videos have been viewed by more than 15 million people. Jon partners with numerous organizations including Awana International, Moody Bible Institute, the Willow Creek Association, and hundreds of other churches, colleges, and conferences all over the globe.
His spoken word poetry provides a dynamic and creative experience that captures the imagination of audiences everywhere. As a former Broadway actor, Chicago native, and very lucky husband, Jon hopes to provide a fresh, unique voice to some of life’s most difficult and challenging questions.
• • SUBSCRIBE TO JORGENFAM • Dating a non believer is one of the hardest most painful things ever. I agree the purpose of dating should be pushing towards marriage and even if your nonbeliever partner has the same belief, if God isn't included in your relationship, it just won't work no matter how much love and respect there is. God is a jealous God and if he isn't number one in both of our lives like Jon said, our partner becomes our idol and then God will tear that relationship apart.
I'm speaking from experience, I'm a Christian and I dated a Muslim man and I thought if I prayed and prayed Jesus would reveal himself to him and then he'll convert and our relationship would be perfect in God's eyes. I thought if I taught him some things about the Bible that it will plant a seed and he'll eventually come around. Boy was I wrong... so I think save yourself the pain brothers and sisters in Christ. We are meant to love like Jesus and if you are dating someone that doesn't even believe in Jesus, then it won't work, never ever.
They won't be able to love you the same. View all posts by : Just from my experience, any Christian dating unsaved people is being set up by Satan. I know some will say that their spouse was unsaved and they became saved but that is the exception and not the norm.
As a young man before becoming more spiritually mature, I would date unsaved women. I noticed certain women being especially friendly with me, they were beautiful and charming and then the more I found out the more weird things got.
One turned out to be a witch, she had strange satanic symbols and the classic satanic goat head in her apartment over a long dark blue mirror. Later on another had tarot cards with her. Another one was obsessed with me and she and her mother were into the occult and fortune telling. No one just average, all were full-blown in to the occult and demonic ties.
The worst case scenario. I then realized that the enemy had an agenda out for attacking me. The witch failed to tell me she was carrying another guys baby too. The one with Tarot cards was much older and incredibly beautiful physically. Satan was tempting me with her physically.
The Lord started to convict me and started to show me things. Demons are working overtime to destroy you and your testimony. Don't play into their hands. I can look back and I can see the Lord's hand of protection on my life.
Satan uses the unsaved, they belong to him, so be cautious. Never think for a second that dating an unsaved person is Ok. You can bet 100% that Satan will use that unsaved person on you in some way. View all posts by : Great video! Personally I'm dating a non-believer, we've been together for a few months now and we both are thinking of marrying each other in the future.
I believe I made a good choice because he's a good person, compatible with me in about 90% of things, we work together really well. And while this may seem wrong to many Christians, I'm not ashamed of it. Before we started dating, while we were slowly falling in love with each other, I prayed a lot about it and asked God not to let us be together if He thinks the idea is wrong. And I really meant it. And look at me now, I have a good partner, a beautiful, loving and respecting relationship.
Christians, try to get a different perspective sometimes. Not all rules you hear about have to apply to your case. Ask God to lead you in your own individual way. View all posts by : This is what I say; whether you are a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or even an atheist, at the end of the day we're all just humans. We should be willing to love (even in a dating manner) whomever in spite of their religion.
Setting boundaries on matters like that will just cause us to become isolated from others just because we have different faiths. I think if you really like someone, ultimately you will be able to find a common ground which doesn't necessarily have to be religion. View all posts by : I haven't dated for almost two years because I've realized I need to put God first instead of a boy!!
Have I met guys who I've developed feelings for yes but when they don't share the same faith and have a relationship with Christ it just doesn't work for me, great way to cover this topic Jon :) View all posts by :
"It's Only Hugging"